Thursday, June 19, 2014

Aurasma

iTunes rating 3 stars
My rating 3 stars

The app takes an object or image and allows you to use layers  of information over the object or image for augmented exploration. It allows both the learner and creator to interact with the world.

I would like to start off the year with examples of different medias in art for the k-2 and different types of art for 3-5 laid out on table tops that have been augmented. The learners by choice would scan an artwork and see the process and explore several related artworks. Later on in the year I would like 3-5 to find a famous artwork that was created with historical, social, or scientific connections and augment it for their classmates and younger students at our school. Augmenting the famous work of art with a visual interactive explanations of the WHY this artwork was created and so famous.

I rated it a 3 it is challenging to get the hang of. The app does stall quite a bit. I'm looking forward to the improvements that will come and the places this type of creating and learning will take us.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment